1. to burn with an unsteady, swaying flame
2. to blaze with a sudden burst of flame
3. to display conspicuously or ostentatiously
4. to signal by flares of fire or light
5. to cause (something) to spread gradually outward in form
6. to shine or glow
Ugh. What is coming? What shall it be like? Will there be joy? Will I find peace? Or does this not exist?
It would be a relief to know so I can plan either way but this is not going to happen. Life comes on it’s own terms and then it’s up to you. Do you want to watch your life pass you by…or not?
I choose “or not”. Even with the Rocky Road sundae served, I am still choosing “or not”. Even with the overwhelming frustration of wasting in a place in time which didn’t know my value. Or is it that I didn’t know my value?
I will not let the story end there.
It’s my time now. To figure out my place in this new world of mine.
The colors are beginning to come into focus and the shadows are getting lighter and brighter. Looking over my shoulder is no longer an act of fear but one to acknowledge how far I have traveled and it reaffirms where I still must go.